Thursday, October 13, 2005

Importance of a "holiday"

Right from childhood, holidays are the one i used to look forward too. Just masti, tp and nothing else.It never occured to me then, that holidays never come before we face the music of exams.......After coming to IMDR leaving aside 2-3 weeks of pre-exam and exam time the rest is like a big holiday period only.... This is unlike any management institute, but it is the truth. 2-3 hours of lectures and the rest of the day is a holiday. I know how much time it takes to do the assignment, half of them are available on www.goolge.com Unfortunatley i did not understand the importance of getting a holiday during my summer internship as i had a colleague with me, the day would just pass by chatting, doing some work, checking emails every 10 mintues (the atmosphere in the office was not "that" professional also). But the situation has changed completely when i started my winter internship. First of all i am alone there and the company is like 25 kms from my home, with no recreation of any kind around. work timings r from 9.00am to 5.30 pm, boy !!!!! what a long day it is. After first 2 days i got a holiday on wednesday on account of dasera, and it was then i realised its importance. I actually planned my day, the pending work (both personal and home related), the reading time, hanging out with friends. I never had planned a holiday before..... For all my working friends u all will surely agree with what i said, and to all those who would be joining some firm will realise it soon...Adieu.

No comments: